Monday, September 22, 2008

ToDo vs TaDa

With a HUGE garbage bin sitting in my driveway my kids and I have already managed to fill it with wood and scrap that we have not been able to throw away until now. Today I start the daunting task of disassembling the temporary platform/room that I built when we learned we would be host to not just my mother but my grandmother too. Our little house on the corner is mid sized as far as multi family dwellings go and now with her gone I feel it's time to reclaim my garage for what it was originally intended for.

Other big projects on the go include repairing the fence that was originally installed wrong, not only is it not straight, the fence sections were not installed level and do not meet the posts at the right place. Digging up the driveway and installing a new walk way up to the front door. And building a deck off the front of the house so we can have a place to sit and enjoy our front yard.

In the dreamscape that is my vision of my yard I also wish to build a small fence, "NOT PICKET" around the front of the property to keep the kids from running around my front yard. They really have trampled the lawn into an unrecognizable state.

I have also come to a conclusion after prayer that my greed got the better of me last week, despite all the projects that have to be done I picked up a small tablet PC even though I already have a laptop computer. I think I did this to find comfort after the bad news of my friend. I have just finished running HP's system restore on it and will be returning it to the store in a couple of hours. I simply don't need it and I feel that at least a portion of the money should be sent as a donation to help "The Children's Garden" in Nairobi, Kenya. This donation will be in memory of my friend.

The rest of the money will go to installing the walkway in front of my house, hopefully increasing the value of the property.

So far it feels like a good day, i'm gonna go gather my thoughts in front of the morning glory flowers and check to see if the last peach of the season has ripened for me or if the squirrels have gotten to it first... :) Either way I am at peace today!

Cheers!~

No comments: