Sunday, September 14, 2008

Due to a lack of interest, Tommorow has been cancelled...

Yesterday I wanted to write a blog I really did. I was however, so exhausted from the menial tasks I completed that I was unable to put fingertip to keyboard as it were... This type of exhaustion is typical of someone with Celiac sprue. Just a general feeling of unwell some days it's the one symptom that has improved with strict diet but has not been restored to what I can only imagine is a normal state. Only as a child younger than 10 years old do I remember being able to be awake from sun up to sun down without feeling tired...

I was unable to sleep Friday night, tossing and turning with much going through my head and a lot of it related to the home inspection we were expecting Saturday. So finally at 4am I gave up the fight to lose consciousness and made my way down the two levels of our home into the basement where the family dog followed in a drunken stooper. My workbench a mess, and a small fracture in the foundation of our house, hot topics that needed to be resolved before I could return to the bed. My wife is a color expert for a local paint store so naturally we have about 25 cans of paint waiting patiently to be applied to all the flat surfaces my wife can dream up artistically. Knowing that I am quite good at distinguishing color I began to put a spoon from this can and one from that can and mix up a match for the blueish grey that is on our foundation wall. Then I sanded away the calcium that had formed in a definite drip pattern on the wall with the fracture and then brushed on vigorously the color I had matched to the wall... VOILA, a perfect match indeed... and not a shred of evidence from the inside wall :)

Among other things, I put up a mirror in the bathroom, cut some wood revealing a new shelf, and put all the miscellaneous tools who had found themselves on the workbench back in their places on the wall and in the cabinets. You see I am one of those people who can be disorganized at times but when I cleanup, everything has a place... Perhaps excessively I hang things on a board then once they are in a placement that I am happy with I outline it with permanent ink or sharpie pen. That way if one of the tools should find itself off on a job at 4am I will be able to locate it with ease...

5:30am rolls around quickly and I am amazed that the family hasn't woken up and begun yelling at me for sawing wood and screwing shelving units to the wall... I return to bed to get a couple hours sleep before I would meet with an IT client to solve his login issues. Then I would meet with the inspector at 10:30am...

Much to my surprise, the inspector showed up at 10:05am, said he was ahead of schedule so I received a call on my cell phone from my daughter. In the most gentle voice possible, and yet still audible she says "Daddy! the inspectors here... I have the dog in the bathroom", Of course the foot goes down to the floor on my Kia Rio5 and I say "Thanks for the message baby, I'm just around the corner be right there..." She seemed so pleased that I would be there soon. The family dog guard dog was now boring a hole through our bathroom wall where she goes naturally after the doorbell rings so she can look out the window.

The inspector did not notice the crack on the inside of the house but took many pictures of the outside... My fingers are crossed as we are waiting for a good injection of money so we can fix up our house, money's been tight since my grandmother passed away, the $600.00 she contributed monthly was the extra income that made us truly comfortable. Now I'm in a position where I have to find that extra income somewhere else... We shall see what the future holds, an injection of money will at least get us through the rest of the year where hopefully my mother's surgery will be complete and we will be able to make a decision as to what we will do as a next step. I personally would like to move to a quiet neighborhood with less.. Ahem... Neighbors :) Brampton seems to have keen interest in keeping the order through bylaws and nosy neighbors...

Anyhow, I'm up now this Sunday AM and writing this blog but now I think I need to get into a hot shower and begin the day right...

Have a great day!
Cause I know I will...

No comments: