Friday, April 20, 2012

A bit of personal review really...  Taking a moment to myself to gather my thoughts... So much has gone on, so much I could have blogged about but well you know, sometimes life away from the keyboard isn't a bad thing...

But now I need to gather my thoughts to get caught up because this next stage in my life is a big one, a big step for an aging family man...

Before my Mommy left us I had many conversations with her, some of them about what would happen after she left...  Of course having the illness and having gone through the transplant there are so many times when you have conversations about what others may view as grim...  But I am so thankful that I had those conversations with her, it has left me with a great peace and knowing that things are as they should be now...  One of the things we spoke about is how our family, my wife and I and our three kids would be after she was gone... She know she was an important part of our family, she was not a burden to us but more like one of our arms... She was helpful, and kind and a logical thinker, she calmed me down when I was angry with the kids and just knew what to say to iron out the differences between my wife and I... She really was a blessing to me and I am thankful to have had her with us for the time we did...  But back to the point at hand here... When the topic came up I had said to her, "You know we will be ok right?" And she just turned to me in the car and smiled... "Yes, I know you'll be ok..."  I told her that I would tough I would stay strong and that we would move from that house exactly a year after the event... Well we are a bit overdue but now, plans to fix up and sell the house are here and we have a plan...

Financial Freedom...

No, I'm not planning to retire.. In fact I LOVE my job, I mean how many people can say they enjoy waking up in the morning to go to their job every day?  ...  I seriously enjoy it, on a stress level of 1 to 10 it sits at around 3 which is amazing and I consider myself extremely fortunate for that...  So our plan, sell the house, we already have arrangements to lay low for a year with very low financial overhead which is also a blessing in itself, this is going to allow us to pay off all the people we owe money too... The 12 month plan will get us back into a good credit standing and allow us to purchase another house when we are caught up...

It's all a bit scary though, I mean I hate moving to begin with but right now and for the next week we are crunching and packing stuff.. throwing away HOARDS of stuff and bringing everything down to a bare minimum for the move :)

Fantastic, I'm excited and scared...

All those tools to sort and store in bins, a fresh start in a new place... Whew it's all so much to process...

Other than the financial side of things the other big reason for me to want to sell the house is all the memories... I still hear noises at night thinking the oxygen hose in need of service... I know it sounds nuts but I'd just like to be free of that, start over and pack up and take the good memories with us :)

That's all for now, just a quick blurb.. I know my life is boring and I'd be really surprised if anyone still reads this but it sure lets me get things off my chest!

Cheers!

No comments: